Online learning has made education easier to get, but whether or not it is interesting is a different question. In This article, I will share “How To Make Online Learning More Fun”
Now, you can learn from world-famous professors and universities from the comfort of your own home. And because of this, learning could keep going even if the whole world got sick with a pandemic.
But it needs to be seen if the online mode adds to the teaching and learning experience as a whole.
Is learning online as interesting as learning in a classroom?
Online teaching, unlike offline learning, where courses are delivered in a controlled environment such as a classroom, is riddled with distractions. It’s not easy to keep pupils connected, invested, and motivated throughout the day as if they’re in a real classroom.
As a result, “how to make online training more exciting” is the most commonly asked question by teachers.
Are you looking for the greatest LMS platform? Get Here to know more
How To Make Online Learning More Fun
So, if you’re a teacher trying to make online education more interesting, deliver the best, and engage your students, we’ve got a surefire plan for you. Make online teaching fun for both you and your students by following these guidelines.
2. Make the Most of All Available Technology
The power of technology is at your fingertips in today’s world. What better way to engage students in online learning than to make use of the technology that makes it possible?
Add some elements that work well with vocal lectures to break up the monotony of online education. Use PowerPoints, graphics, and videos to their full potential, and avoid letting students get bored in your virtual classroom.
- On video-sharing sites like Zoom and Google Meet, you may share your screen. It’s a great way to get your students to watch photos, movies, or topical documentaries together.
- PPTs can assist you in delivering courses that are more visually appealing and comprehensive. It’s also a good idea to give it to students so they may use it as a reference later.
- By conducting some research, you can find virtual games, breakout rooms, or quizzes that will aid in the learning process and make studying more enjoyable and engaging.
Knowing how to use each of these virtual tools is more important than mastering them. If you’re a teacher who offers online lessons, you run the risk of damaging your reputation if you can’t use all of the resources you have.
4. Get to Know Your Students and Cater to Their Needs
The quality of your interactions with your students is a significant factor in the success of your online courses.
if students believe that they won’t be noticed if they miss class, or that their opinions don’t matter, they will be substantially less likely to show up and participate.
Make an effort to get to know your students and include their interests and needs in your teaching method if you’re serious about making your online teaching more enjoyable.
- Memorize your students’ names and use them whenever you speak to them in class as the first step in getting to know them.
- Inquire as to why students choose the course and what they want to get out of it.
- Make it easy for students to give honest comments by creating a welcoming environment.
- Always be willing to listen to students’ complaints and, if required, make changes to the curriculum or teaching method.